Logging spurred the development of NW Wisconsin, but the railroad facilitated it. Each year the North Wisconsin Railway pushed some 20 miles further north through the timber rich Namakagon Valley. When the construction season ended a new town was platted and new depot built at the end of the line. Cable was founded at its present location in 1880 when track building fell three miles short of the intended terminus that year on Long Lake (now Lake Owen). The Cable Depot served as the heart of the community until passenger service ceased in the mid-1950s. Freight service continued but the tracks finally were removed in 1979, just a year shy of the Cable centennial. The high-backed Queen bed in this room is reminiscent of the Cable Depot, now relocated to the community park just west of town. Private bath is fully ADA accessible including shower with fold down transfer seat. A/C.
$99 per night
$495 per week
$100 Dinner Credit at our Award Winning Restaurant
with any stay of 3 or more nights (Sun-Thu) thru October, 2016
Must be requested at time of reservation. Cannot be combined with weekly discount rates or other offers.